Installatron 6.0 released

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
Rowan
Staff

Installatron 6.0 released

Postby Rowan » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:04 am

Installatron 6.0 has been released, featuring a greatly improved user interface and workflow throughout the software. Almost every aspect of the user-level interface has been pulled apart, reappraised, and reassembled with easy of use and web-standards as the guiding aims.

This release also sees significant speed improvements, in the orders of 150% and 200% for key tasks, improved use of language, and many behind the scenes improvements, making it the most robust and usable Installatron to date.

You can find more information about the core changes on the What's New in Installatron 6? page.

Trivia: This release utilizes the jQuery AJAX/Javascript library. Early testing showed it to be a clean and robust alternative to our Installatron 5 code, easily integrated, and we're very pleased with the streamlining that jQuery has brought to Installatron 6.

nibb

Re: Installatron 6.0.0 released

Postby nibb » Wed May 06, 2009 12:30 am

Thats nice except it erased all my branding, customized text, all.

Installatron updated without my confirmation even when I had auto updated off exactly because of this.

I received an email that it was updated and everything is work. 2 days work erased.

I dont even remember all the things I changed. Users should be advice before this, at least I could have noted down what I had changed since know my branded script installer was transformed on the fly to the installatron.

Im not sure for what the branding is if it can be overwritten with a forced update.

Phil
Staff

Re: Installatron 6.0.0 released

Postby Phil » Wed May 06, 2009 1:24 am

Nibb,

Branding and customized text are reseller overridable settings. The configuration file for these settings is stored inside each reseller's home directory.

For DirectAdmin--which I believe you're using--the configuration file is stored at: /home/reseller/.installatron/.settings

If there is a recent backup of the reseller's account the configuration file should be recoverable.

Installatron 6 does use the same configuration files and format as version 5, and neither version has the ability to outright remove or erase any configuration file.

Hopefully that helps.

Thanks,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”