Importing 'Exisitng Install' of Magento App Question

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
Jimnibob

Importing 'Exisitng Install' of Magento App Question

Postby Jimnibob » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:28 am

Hello,

I have installed Installatron in my cPanel and wish to use it in order to make backups of my Magento based ecommerce website. However, I did not use Installatron for the installation of Magento on my server, this was installed on my server by the developer who designed my ecommerce site. Consequently, my existing live Magento website does not appear in my Installatron applications browser.

However, I would like to add my live Magento website to my Installatron applications so that I can use Installatron to make backups etc?

QUESTION

Do I do this using the 'import existing install' option or will this overwrite my existing Magento install and website? I am just wanting to check whether this is the correct and safe way to add a Magento install to my Installatron applications.

Thanks

Phil
Staff

Re: Importing 'Exisitng Install' of Magento App Question

Postby Phil » Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello,

Please use the 'import existing install' wizard to import the existing installation so that it can be managed by Installatron. This process won't impact the live installation in any way.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Jimnibob

Postby Jimnibob » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks Phil

Jimnibob

Postby Jimnibob » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:38 pm

Phil wrote:Hello,

Please use the 'import existing install' wizard to import the existing installation so that it can be managed by Installatron. This process won't impact the live installation in any way.

Thank you,
Phil

Cheers Phil

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”