Drupal 8 beta 13

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
JulesM

Drupal 8 beta 13

Postby JulesM » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:04 am

Good morning.
I recently installed Drupal 8 beta 12 at my ISP (who has recently implemented Installatron, thank goodness!) and, a few days ago, the beta 13 version was released.
As a new Installatron user, please tell me what the usual lead-time is for new versions in general and, if possible, this one in particular.
Many thanks.

Phil
Staff

Re: Drupal 8 beta 13

Postby Phil » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:19 pm

Hello,

We're expecting this version to be published Monday. I understand there's an issue with the install process which has delayed the release. Typically new versions are published within hours of vendor release.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

JulesM

Re: Drupal 8 beta 13

Postby JulesM » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Thanks for replying, Phil.
There may have been problems with beta 12, too.
I tried three times to install it and received a similar error message, below, each time, although the site runs fine. I had to get my shoe-horn out but it seems ok.
Installatron shows the installation as bad and "should be removed." So, two questions: is it ok to apply the beta 13 update when it's available and is there any way to get rid of the bad install message since the site is running?
Thanks for your help.

Error message: Phil, if you need to see them, please may I pm the errors since they contain a lot of specific references?

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”