Migrating from Yahoo to GoDaddy

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
almabe2

Migrating from Yahoo to GoDaddy

Postby almabe2 » Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:17 am

I am having a very difficult time migrating my wordpress blog from Yahoo to Godaddy. I fill out the Installatron with the correct info but keep getting the following: ! Could not authenicate with the provided login and password.

I spent an hour on the phone with GoDaddy trying all kinds of things. Nothing worked. I have contacted Yahoo- but they are no help. (this is typical of them which is why Im moving).

If anyone can help me- I would be eternally grateful. Im quite frustrated! Thanks.

Josh
Staff

Re: Migrating from Yahoo to GoDaddy

Postby Josh » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:23 pm

Greetings,

First, check that the source server account has available disk space (roughly 30% overhead is required by the import process), and check the source installation directory and parent directories for a .htaccess file that could interfere with requests to the install URL.

If that doesn't help, check the source server web server error log for an entry that corresponds to the error received. Ultimately, the source server may not support automatic migration in which case a manual migration will be necessary. WordPress has a guide here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress

If you have any questions let me know.

Best regards,
Josh

fightmag

Re: Migrating from Yahoo to GoDaddy

Postby fightmag » Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:41 pm

s
Last edited by fightmag on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”