Using Joomla Update confuses Installatron

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
bravo6

Using Joomla Update confuses Installatron

Postby bravo6 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:38 am

If I update my Joomla site using installatron, it sees the correct version number of the install.
If I update using the update from within Joomla, Installatron only sees the last version number that installatron installed/upgraded, and when backing up it labels the backup with the old version number.

Is there a way to make installatron see the new version, or even edit some file to get the backup
label right?

I actually prefer to use the Joomla update........but installatron backup/restore is VERY convenient

thanx
:geek:

Phil
Staff

Re: Using Joomla Update confuses Installatron

Postby Phil » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:46 pm

Hello,

Installatron should automatically sync the version number prior to starting a backup. Try navigating to the "view/update details" page within Installatron and check if that refreshes the version number. If not, let us know the version of Joomla you upgraded to and we'll try to reproduce this.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Jillymot

Postby Jillymot » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:36 pm

I have several installations that are showing Joomla version 1.5.26 in Installatron but are in fact Joomla 2.X installations. I prefer to use Installatron for upgrades so the sites are backed up, but do not know what to do. I have tried backing up to see whether it will sync the version number and opening the view/edit details, but both without success.

Any further suggestions?

Appreciate your help.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Hello,

We've issued an update to the Joomla package this evening to correct this problem. The next automatic Installatron Update (usually around midnight server time) will download the updated package.

Once updated, the version value will sync when the "edit" button for the installed application is clicked from My Applications (and it will sync automatically prior to performing any action on the installed application).

If there are any questions let us know.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”