Joomlaupdate and Installatron

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
miracle

Joomlaupdate and Installatron

Postby miracle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:11 am

Hi,

Some months ago I imported an existing Joomla installation in to Installatron. Worked fine. The existing installation was 2.5.4. I adjusted the settings, updating is done automatically. Now the current version 2.5.6. Installatron thinks it 2.5.6, when I log in at the backend the footer says its 2.5.6 but.... the Joomla update component is confused. It sees the installation is 2.5.6 but it still thinks the latest version is 2.5.4. And because there's a difference between the current and latest version (although it would be downgrading) Joomla update still thinks there's work to do.

As I'm typing this message I begin to realize this isn't a 100% Installatron problem, it probably is a 100% Joomlaupdate problem. On the other hand, Joomlaupdate is confused because Installatron has done his work (updating) without notifying him. I would be confused and angry too ;)

Does anybody know how to let Joomlaupdate and Installatron hapilly work together? :D

Phil
Staff

Re: Joomlaupdate and Installatron

Postby Phil » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:31 pm

Hello,

Installatron does actually use Joomla's update system to apply updates. The two work happily together.

After a Joomla update is applied, Installatron then syncs its version from Joomla. However, in some cases extensions require extra upgrading through Joomla. This can be completed within Joomla at Admin > Extensions > Extenstion Manager > Database > "Fix".

If there are any questions let us know.

Cheers,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

miracle

Postby miracle » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for your reply, but it does not solve my problem. Joomlaupdate still thinks the latest version is 2.5.4 for some reason....

See screenshot at http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c1d21q16

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello,

I haven't been able to reproduce this issue with a fresh Joomla 2.5.4 install that was upgraded to using Installatron to 2.5.6.

Can you also take a screenshot of the Admin > Extensions > Extenstion Manager > Database screen?

If preferred, open a ticket, provide Joomla and control panel login information and we should be able to get the install properly upgraded.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”