Migrating to Joomla 2.5

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
avangalen

Migrating to Joomla 2.5

Postby avangalen » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:39 am

I have several joomla 1.5.25 installs (made and updated with installatron) which I want to migrate to joomla 2.5 now, now that the stable version is out. This is not an option in the installatron and I'm planning to do this with jUpgrade but what about my installatron??? Will this ruin the possibility to update my installs in the future with installatron?
How do I proceed?

Phil
Staff

Re: Migrating to Joomla 2.5

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04 am

Hello,

Joomla opted not to include official upgrade support for 1.5 to 1.6+. We recommend investigating the JUpgrade migration utility that we've found works for some installs. See:

http://extensions.joomla.org/search?q=jupgrade

If you choose to use that tool, Installatron will actually automatically detect that each install was upgraded, and you'll then be able to use Installatron to upgrade to future versions.

If there are any questions let us know.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

avangalen

Postby avangalen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi Phil

Updated one of the websites today with jUpgrade. Transfered the old files to a folder on my computer and placed the updated website in the root. also deleted some backup stuff on the server (still have it on my computer) but it can not interfere with anything.
Website works fine, in the administrator (joomla) panel I can see it is joomla 1.7.3 but Installatron doesn't recognize it as such and still lists it as 1.5.25????

Ineke

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Hello,

The new version should be picked up automatically.

Click the '''view/edit details''' button for this install, then click '''edit'''. Can you edit the version to 1.7.3?

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

avangalen

Postby avangalen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:05 am

Yes, I could edit the version in the view/edit details! Next I was able to update to joomla 2.5 with Installatron. Thanks for your advice! It helped me a lot.

Greetings Ineke

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 am

Hello,

Great to hear it worked.

Cheers,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”