Installing apps w/ DB issues

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
PeteyNice

Installing apps w/ DB issues

Postby PeteyNice » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:56 am

I am using Installatron with Plesk Panel 9.2.3. When I try to install an application that uses a db (MediaWiki, Drupal, etc) I get an error about making a database connection. When I look in the panel_log it tells me it is calling createDB and createDBuser and then removeDB and removeDBuser. Is there somewhere to get a more detailed log about where it is going wrong or something I can try to fix it?

Thanks!

PeteyNice

Re: Installing apps w/ DB issues

Postby PeteyNice » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:19 pm

OK. I seemed to have fixed that issue. Despite setting up /etc/hosts to point mysql.localhost at the proper db server installatron did not like that. Changing it in dependencies fixed that. However, now it just sits there. It's been a half an hour and it still "Copying files and directories". Logs do not show anything weird.

Should it really take this long?

Phil
Staff

Re: Installing apps w/ DB issues

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:29 pm

Hello,

It definitely shouldn't be taking longer than a couple of seconds to install an app. Please try executing this command:

Code: Select all

rm -fr /var/installatron/tmp/task*

Then try another install. Does the problem persist? If so, please open a ticket and provide SSH root login information so that we can investigate this further.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”