Importing Wordpress from Fantastico to Installatron

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
prodos

Importing Wordpress from Fantastico to Installatron

Post by prodos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:44 am

Good evening.

I have a new "lifetime VPS" license.

Within my cPanel I used my Installatron "import existing install" button to try to import an existing Wordpress installation from Fantastico Deluxe into Installatron.

After completing the process, I found two problems.

PROBLEM ONE

The Wordpress version shown on my Installatron page was Wordpress 3.01, the latest version.
But within the Dashboard of my Wordpress site it showed Wordpress 3.0.
I think I caused the problem, because the version of Wordpress I tried to import was 3.0, but the version I asked Installatron to apply was 3.01

Is there a way to fix this problem, please?

PROBLEM TWO

After the above-described importing, I noticed that my Fantastico page still listed the Wordpress installation.

What should be done about this, please?

Thanks for any assistance.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS

Phil
Staff

Re: Importing Wordpress from Fantastico to Installatron

Post by Phil » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:14 pm

Hello,

First, to modify the version of an installed application displayed inside Installatron, simply navigate to the My Applications tab, click the View/Edit Details button for the installed application, click the Edit Details button, and then select the correct (3.0) version from the Version dropdown. Installatron should then report the correct version.

Regarding the installed application still being listed in Fantastico, it doesn't actually hurt anything for it to still be listed there. If you want to keep Fantastico on the server but remove this installed application from Fantastico, we can simply remove the installation data file for this specific installed application. Find and remove the corresponding data file from within this folder:

~/.fantasticodata/WordPress

If there are any questions just let us know.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

prodos

Post by prodos » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes,

PRODOS
Melbourne, Australia

prodos

Post by prodos » Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Good morning.
Phil wrote: If you want to keep Fantastico on the server but remove this installed application from Fantastico, we can simply remove the installation data file for this specific installed application. Find and remove the corresponding data file from within this folder:

~/.fantasticodata/WordPress
Could someone tell me where to find this file, please?

I'm currently looking at the files of one of my websites which has Wordpress installed on it.

It was previously installed with Fantastico, but has now been imported to Installatron.

I see these two files in its folder:

fantastico_fileslist.txt

fantversion.php

... but I don't see the file called something like "fantasticodata/WordPress"

Thanks for any assistance.

PS: I have been finding Installatron to be excellent! :)

Best WIshes,

PRODOS
Melbourne, Australia

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:45 pm

Hello,

The directory is named ".fantasticodata" (note the period) and should be in your FTP root. If you can't see it, try using the cPanel File Manager.

Let us know if it continues to be evasive. :)

Cheers,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

prodos

Post by prodos » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:30 pm

Good afternoon.
Phil wrote: The directory is named ".fantasticodata" (note the period) and should be in your FTP root. If you can't see it, try using the cPanel File Manager.
Great!

I opened my cPanel File Manager and used the search function within the File Manager to locate the directory.

Within the directory I found another directory called "Wordpress", and within that I found 4 files with names corresponding to the websites which were once "installed by Fantastico" but have now been imported into Installatron.

I deleted those 4 files and now those websites are now longer listed within my cPanel/Fantastico page as being Fantastico-installed Wordpress sites.

Thanks for your help. :)

Best Wishes,

PRODOS
Melbourne, Australia