Problem upgrading Magento - nested in path

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
harro

Problem upgrading Magento - nested in path

Post by harro » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:24 am

Good afternoon,

The problem is that I am trying to upgrade Magento from version 1.3.2.1 to 1.4.1.0 using installatron on a DA server (it was also originally installed with Installatron) and get the following (fatal) error:

FileSystem::cp(/home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/bestel/magento/app/etc) - code: mkdir($path, 493);
FileSystem::cp() - a file is likely nested in the path of the destination (/home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/bestel/magento/app/etc/local.xml.bak)

The magento website runs in http://bestel.domain.com. When I get this error, the folder that is mentioned does not exist (anymore?), only the following upgrade-temp folder:

[root@server magento]# pwd
/home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/bestel/magento
[root@server magento]# la
total 12K
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 3 user user 4.0K Jul 8 14:43 .
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 21 user user 4.0K Dec 2 2009 ..
4.0K drwxr-xr-x 3 user user 4.0K Jul 8 14:42 upgrtmp
[root@servermagento]#

I notice that the error that appears is coded into Installatron update script, that is why I am contacting you. I also tried to upgrade to the two versions of Magento in between the current and the latest version, with the same errors.

Server situation:
Most recent version of DA, most recent version of Installatron (also ran the update/repair script), customer has 6GB diskspace allowance and 2.5GB of data in the Magento shop. OS is CentOS5.

What can cause this error and how can this be solved? Is there anything else that you need to get to the cause of the error?

Thank you and kind regards

Phil
Staff

Re: Problem upgrading Magento - nested in path

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:23 am

Hello,

It doesn't look like there's a copy of Magento on the server at that location. There should be lots of files and folders inside the location. If you access the website via HTTP, does it load at all?

Assuming the website still loads via HTTP properly, I suspect the problem is simply that the installation is at /home/user/domains/domain.com/public_html/bestel and not in the magento/ folder. If this is the case, use Installatron's View/Edit Details button to correct the URL and Path values. Once that's fixed, the upgrade should work.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

harro

Post by harro » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:37 am

Fixed the problem, I had trailing /magento folders in the urls that I didn't notice until I looked at them 3 more times, following this post. Thanks Phil!

cortney458

Post by cortney458 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:02 am

Thanks! I was having this issue Denim Pine, your solution worked for me!