! Failed to connect to FTP using the username and password.

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
rookie

! Failed to connect to FTP using the username and password.

Postby rookie » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:44 pm

Hi everyone,
I tried posting a support ticket to the Installatron Tech Guys and they said that they can replicate the error but it doesn't affect the program, but it does. I can't upload any modules. I haven't heard back from the tech guys for over a week so I am hoping there may be someone else out there that is having the same problem and managed to fix it...

Here is the problem I'm having:
I am getting a message every time I try to install Joomla from within Installatron. The funny thing is, it doesn't do this on all accounts but is happening on a number of different servers I have that have Installatron on them.

I click on the Joomla install (I'm installing Joomla direct to the root directory): I get to part where it asks me to put in the FTP username and the FTP password and then it says:

+++++++++
! Failed to connect to FTP using the username and password provided.
+++++++++

This error appears above in the FTP Username and the FTP password area only.

I know for sure that the username and password are correct (especially the username because Installatron actually inserts the FTP username for me, but Installatron still thinks the username and the password are incorrect).

If I skip the part where I can add my username and password I can then install Joomla. However, When I then login to Joomla and enable FTP in the configuration, it won't let me enable it.

I can't upload any modules so CAN ANYONE HELP, please.....

Kind regards
Rookie

rookie

Re: ! Failed to connect to FTP using the username and password.

Postby rookie » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:02 am

Hi Guys,
It's not Installatron causing this problem!!

I have been working on this for days and days on the same PC. Today, I found out that when I try from another PC or laptop, it works perfectly.

Not only could I not install Joomla on allot of my domains, but once I did manage to get it installed, I then couldn't upload any modules. Anyway, I then thought I would try from my laptop and everything worked perfectly.

I still haven't worked out what the problem is with my PC and why it wont let me install from Installatron.. It is really bizarre...

If I work out what it is i will let you know. But if i can't find it soon, I will just do a format of my PC because this has been driving me crazy.

Sorry to have troubled you
Regards
Rookie

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”