SugarCRM Install Unusable

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
markb1439

SugarCRM Install Unusable

Postby markb1439 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Hmm, using the latest version of Installatron and the SugarCRM installer contained therein, I cannot get a clean install of Sugar. The install process seems to go fine, but when I try to go to the Sugar install via its URL (where it guides you through the external install steps), I get a message that it cannot connect to the database. However, the database listed in the message does not exist (verified in my cPanel account). Apparently Installatron did not create it.

Another question: In a past Sugar install that did go well, I noticed a file named removeme.php. Should Installatron have removed this file for security reasons?

markb1439

Re: SugarCRM Install Unusable

Postby markb1439 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Additional information:

Each time I try to install Sugar, the error message contains the same database username...which happens to be from a previous install. When I view the install details in Installatron, the installation has a completely different username. So there is a disconnect somewhere. Details of an old install are being maintained at some point during the install.

markb1439

Postby markb1439 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:30 pm

Hmm, now when I try to uninstall a failed Sugar install I get:

Fatal error: Call to a member function core_is_dir() on a non-object in /usr/local/installatron/lib/gui/stepped.php on line 1651

Will try to force an Installatron update/repair.

markb1439

Postby markb1439 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Nope, problem persists after update/repair.

I haven't yet checked to see if this only affects SugarCRM or if Installatron is hosed in general.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:51 pm

Hello,

The database problems suggest some kind of cPanel API problem, and the Uninstall error suggests some kind of fatal install issue. We tried a few systems but were unable to reproduce the problem.

After a fresh attempt (so the log output is relevant), open a ticket with the output of these commands:

Code: Select all

tail -n 100 /var/installatron/logs/panel_log
tail -n 100 /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

Assuming this problem is an API issue, it would make sense for every application to be affected. That's worth verifying.

Regarding removeme.php, our understanding is that this file is not related to installation. It appears to be related to SugarCRM's email features.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

markb1439

Postby markb1439 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Hi,

Sorry, I got sidetracked with some other issues and didn't have time to pursue this further.

Now, it seems to work fine. I'm guessing that a cPanel or Installatron update fixed it. Do you think it's safe to go ahead and install SugarCRM again, now that it seems to work? Or should I beware of gremlins lurking? ;-)

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:16 pm

Hi,

There should be no issues anymore. The latest builds are using a completely new installation method for SugarCRM.

Cheers,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”