WordPress Install Errors

Regarding problems encountered while using the website owner interface.
markb1439
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 pm

WordPress Install Errors

Postby markb1439 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:20 pm

Hi,

My users and I are only getting reliable WordPress 2.7 installations about 70 percent of the time. The other 30 percent of the time, one or more error messages appear on the page where you enter the blog title and your e-mail. The messages seem different every time, and usually trying the same install again works fine. But if the same install can give different and unpredictable results, I worry that even the "successful" installs may have issues.

Sorry, I don't have access to my error log right now and I don't remember the various errors I've seen.

Anyone else see anything similar?

Thanks,

Mark

Rowan
Staff
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:39 am

Re: WordPress Install Errors

Postby Rowan » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:37 am

If you can get an actual error message, post it into a support ticket and we can have a look at it. Would also be worth you trying to determine whether the problems always occur on a particular server.

Rowan.

markb1439
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:30 pm

Re: WordPress Install Errors

Postby markb1439 » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:28 am

I'll try a bunch of installs to harvest some error messages. Doesn't seem to happen on a particular server either (same results on two). Those same servers never generate errors with manual WP installs. Strange.


Return to “Website Owner Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests