creating my own installer in i5

SDK Docs: http://installatron.com/developer/apps
SDK GUI Editor: http://installatron.com/editor
lkbryant

creating my own installer in i5

Post by lkbryant » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:25 pm

i have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

i tried following the docs , and tried sending in support tickets, and i still haven't gotten it to work! When i send in support tickets, they keep saying they fixed it but its never fixed!

for example, when i use the installatron editor, whenever i try to download the xml file after you publish, it goes no where. i tried this on several different places(home,office,friend..)

and i tried creating my own manual files and directories on /var/installatron/installers and it still doesnt work.

i got the app i want to implement to show up on list of installatron's menu but once you try to click "new install", it gives me javascript error popup saying

"Connection has been lost, This is probably because your session has expired"

Can someone please help me?

All i'm trying to do is get magentocommerce.com to be on my installatron, and install it via external magento installer thats all.

Rowan
Staff

Re: creating my own installer in i5

Post by Rowan » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:59 pm

The editor is an experimental tool, in unofficial "beta" form, and we're fixing any problems we're informed of. If you're still having trouble, that just means that there are more problems to fix.

"Connection has been lost, This is probably because your session has expired" means that the installer has PHP errors or is not in the correct format.

If you try to make an installer without the editor tool, it will only work if the server is running PHP5, and it would need to be newer than PHP 5.2.

I see that you deleted your installer in the editor, so I can't test it, but I'm still happy to fix any problems bought to my attention in tickets, and the offer still stands for AIM contact to real-time any problems.

With hindsight, we should have held off the SDK stuff for a couple of months after Installatron 5's release, for when we would have time to make sure it was all 100% before making it public. But the trick is to think of it as beta testing, right up to the point that you have a working installer.

lkbryant

Post by lkbryant » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:51 pm

I appreciate the offer Sumaleth.

I have now added you in AIM but it seems you are offline.

Anyhow, I am on PHP 5.2.5 and I don't think I have any php errors as my editor doesn't find any.

I really wish to get going with this i5 so i'd really appreciate it if you can help me get through with this.

JLHC

Post by JLHC » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:55 am

Hello,

I am interested in this as well.

Any updates on this?

Thank you.

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:05 am

Hi,

The editor is here:

http://installatron.com/editor

You need to log in with your Installatron client login.

Rowan.