no scripts visible in either edit scriptgroups or userview

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
harro

no scripts visible in either edit scriptgroups or userview

Postby harro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi,

I installed a new DA server and moved my installatron license. After installing installatron on the new server, according to the how-to, I do not see any scripts in the edit script groups screens (where it says "Custom selection:"). I restored backups of /groups /installs and /partial, but this did not change the situation. I have (re)run the update and filepermission checker a few times.

Also, I have enabled installatron for all users (all scripts) but I get the message "Installatron is not enabled on this account" when I try to access installatron. I do see old installed scripts.

Please advise me on how to activate Installatron.

<edit>
when I try to access Installatron at the userlevel as admin, I get the following:

"Installatron is nearly ready to use.
You must now run Check & Update System Files in administration to complete the install."

It seems the installation is not succeeding completely?
</edit>

Rowan
Staff

Re: no scripts visible in either edit scriptgroups or userview

Postby Rowan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:30 pm

Hi,

That means you haven't completed the install. You need to run [Update Installers & Languages] from administration.

If you don't see that button, then you're not logged in as the user that Installatron thinks is the "admin" user. You can change the admin user by editing /data/cfg, and adding or editing this line:

Code: Select all

admin=admin_username

Where admin_username is the name of the user that you want to give administration access to.

If you still have trouble with it open a ticket and we'll have a closer look.

Rowan.

harro

Postby harro » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Hello,

the problem resolved itself after the cron started updating just that - the package and language updates. After the installation I only pressed the left of the two update buttons (if I recall correctly this was requested at the end of the installation).

So both buttons should be pressed. All is well now, thank you for your response.

Greetings,

Harro

Rowan
Staff

Postby Rowan » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:38 pm

Actually it's only the right button that needs to be pressed, although that won't need to be done any longer when Installatron 5 is released.

Rowan.

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”