Questions about Multi-Server configuration sharing

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
jas8522

Questions about Multi-Server configuration sharing

Postby jas8522 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:33 am

Hi there,

I think I would like to enable multi-server configuration sharing/sync, however I'm not entirely sure what level of synchronization it does. I'm hoping the answers to the following questions will help clarify whether or not I should be using it.

I have multiple shared hosting servers that currently each run their own Isntallatron config via the "Standalone Server" default option. Each of these servers are indeed standalone in that they have their own list of installed apps and completely different clients and domains on them. Every time I make a change to the global Installatron config on one server, I need to then copy those settings over to the others.

I'm hoping that with the Multi-Server config in Installatron I will be able to set up one server with the exact settings I like/want, then have the multi-server config disseminate those settings to all other servers every 24 hours without touching the installed applications.

It seems possible that the Multi-Server config is designed to disseminate all settings (including installed apps) to another server for those that have either multiple redundant backup failover servers or those that have edge or regional servers with exact duplicate content. If that's the case then this tool will not work for me since I don't want all application installs to be duplicated to all my servers.

I only want the master configuration (like what emails to send out, the icons to use, etc.)

Does the Multi-Server configuration do what I want or is it designed for redundant server configurations?

Thanks for the clarification!

-Jordan

Phil
Staff

Re: Questions about Multi-Server configuration sharing

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:20 am

Jordan,

The Multi-Server tool is designed to address this exact problem. Essentially, the config of one server is replicated to all other servers each time Installatron Update runs, without ever touching any user data like installed apps and backups.

If there are any further questions let us know!

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”