[Bug] Plugin v9 and multi-upgrade

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
interfaSys

Re: [Bug] Plugin v9 and multi-upgrade

Post by interfaSys » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:10 am

Hello Josh,

I couldn't find "open task manager", but I checked Active Task right after having tried to upgrade again.
One WP app was marked as complete and the other (Joomla) was stuck at "Waiting..."

I went back to the list of apps and both were shown as upgradeable.
WP plugins and themes were upgraded though(or so I'm told via email)

Next I looked at the logs you suggested and here is what I found:

Code: Select all

2013-10-18T16:55:11+02:00 A database query has failed. Is the entered database information correct? Does the account have available disk space?\n\ntype = mysql\nhost = localhost\ndatabase = aaaaa_7Vai8RVn\nusername = aaaaa_7Vai8RVn\npassword = (hidden)\n\nTechnical information:\nmethod = query\narguments = array (  0 => 'SELECT `params` FROM `aaaaa_extensions` WHERE `name`=\'com_joomlaupdate\' LIMIT 1',  1 => NULL,  2 => 'params',)
The info mentioned belongs to the Joomla install.

Next I did a manual update to see if, indeed, some of the information was missing and everything went fine.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,

Olivier
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

Josh
Staff

Post by Josh » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:45 am

Hi,

Please compare the "aaaaa_" table prefix listed in the error message to the table prefix contained within Joomla's configuration.php file. Do those values match?

Thanks,
Josh

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:55 am

Josh,

I've just checked and the database, user and table prefixes are all correct.
We're using MariaDB instead of MySQL, but that shouldn't make a difference, especially if upgrading manually works just fine.

Cheers,

Olivier
Olivier
interfaSys

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:54 am

Hello,

We need to determine if this only affects the admin Update tool or if the multi-select user-level Update tool is also affected. I'd also like to determine if this issue only affects existing installs or if new installs are also affected.

To answer both questions, please install two instances of WordPress 3.6.0 to the same account. Once installed, while logged in as the user select both installs and then click Update to update both to 3.6.1. Does this reproduce the same problem?

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Created 2 standard WP 3.6.1 installs using subdomains and no folder.
Enabled the network feature, even though we're using host based networks and not folder based.

Selected both blogs and went for an upgrade to 3.7.1.
The first one got upgraded, not the second one.
I got 2 backup emails and 1 install email.
The 2nd backup email indicated that the backup size was 0.

In the logs I only see errors for the first install:

Code: Select all

[22-Nov-2013 23:35:09 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/.delete.me.dJGfB): Directory not empty in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmpqn0ug81q.php[42] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:09 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/.delete.me.dJGfB): Directory not empty in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmpqn0ug81q.php[39] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:09 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/.delete.me.dJGfB/itron.fstest.post.extract): Permission denied in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmpqn0ug81q.php[42] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:09 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/.delete.me.dJGfB/itron.fstest.post.extract): Permission denied in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmpqn0ug81q.php[39] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:03 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/upgrtmp): Permission denied in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmnicpej8yd.php[42] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:03 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/upgrtmp): Permission denied in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmnicpej8yd.php[39] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:03 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/upgrtmp/wordpress): Permission denied in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmnicpej8yd.php[42] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
[22-Nov-2013 23:35:03 Europe/Paris] PHP Warning:  [/home/user/domain.com/public_html] rmdir(/home/user/domain.com/public_html/upgrtmp/wordpress): Permission denied in /usr/home/user/domain.com/public_html/deleteme.rmnicpej8yd.php[39] (PHP 5.4.21 FreeBSD) in /usr/local/installatron/lib/action.php on line 3519
I've checked the filesystem though and those files and folders don't exist anymore, so their removal was successful, at some point.

In the admin zone, I selected 2 Drupal installs and launched the upgrade process. I got the exact same result.
Olivier
interfaSys

Josh
Staff

Post by Josh » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:58 am

Greetings,

It's correct for the upgrade process for an installed app to abort if the connected backup process fails.

I tried to reproduce the described problem on 9.0.6 without any luck. One thing I thought of - if this is a DirectAdmin server, ensure the "at" daemon is installed and working. Most distros have "at" enabled by default, but I would check that it is installed and enabled.

If that doesn't help, please confirm the version of Installatron Plugin installed (visible at Installatron Admin).

Best regards,
Josh

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:01 am

Hello Josh,

The backup only fails if it's performed after another upgrade. I'm not sure why.

at commands are handled by crond and it is running and working.

Installatron version 9.0.6

Cheers,

Olivier
Olivier
interfaSys

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:29 am

Hello,

Just to provide a quick update:

We're still investigating this problem and will be able to provide another update later today.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:52 pm

This seems to work properly on 9.0.7.
Only WP plugins don't get updated, but that's a separate issue.
Olivier
interfaSys

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:59 am

Hello,

To troubleshoot issues updating WP plugins/themes check each of the /var/installatron/logs/ files for related output. In these cases there's usually a HTTP 500 error or something similar that's revealed through the logs.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder