Extra line of code in app managed by Installatron

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
interfaSys

Extra line of code in app managed by Installatron

Post by interfaSys » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:22 pm

I found an extra line of PHP in one of the Owncloud files and I was wondering if this was something Installatron could have added during a failed update.

Code: Select all

<?php @ini_set('upload_tmp_dir',dirname($_SERVER['REQUEST_FILENAME']).'/tmp'); @ini_set('session.save_path',dirname($_SERVER['REQUEST_FILENAME']).'/tmp');?>
The reason I'm asking is that during a 4.5.x update, Installatron gave me some error 500 messages, but recently the app was successfully updated to 5.0.

Looking at the directory, I also did find some files with a long hash added at the end.

Does Installatron set upload_tmp_dir and session.save_path during updates?
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

Phil
Staff

Re: Extra line of code in app managed by Installatron

Post by Phil » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:51 pm

Hello,

This line is added by Installatron so that ownCloud doesn't use /tmp for its temporary files. We've seen a number of cases where using /tmp causes collisions between installations and cases where /tmp simply isn't writable. ownCloud doesn't handle these cases very gracefully.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 am

Thank you for your quick reply Phil.

There are two issues with that line
#1: Setting session.save_path that way gives error 500 to people using memcache for sessions as this is not a valid path. Maybe session.save_handler should be changed as well?
#2: The log gets filled with "Undefined index: REQUEST_FILENAME" when users simply use the app.

Also, is there a generated Installatron changelog for each app? I reported the issue to Owncloud thinking they were the ones who had added that line. I didn't think of checking here first. It would help if we could quickly know if an app has been modified by you.

Have the issues you've mentioned been added to their issues list on Github?
Olivier
interfaSys

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:26 pm

Hello,

We'll get these issues fixed. I'll have another update on this later today. I've seen the issue where saving temporary files fail reported to ownCloud numerous times on their forums (that's what inspired our patch).

We don't typically publicly announce when we make modifications to the app packages like this, however we've discussed doing this and we'll start doing this going forward.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Great news, thank you Phil!
Olivier
interfaSys

Josh
Staff

Post by Josh » Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:46 am

Hey,

We pushed an update to our ownCloud package this evening that should correct this issue. Notes are here:
http://installatron.com/updatefeed/ownc ... _release_2_

Best regards,
Josh