Cannot install or uninstall applications as a user

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
PeteyNice

Cannot install or uninstall applications as a user

Postby PeteyNice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:37 pm

As administrator I am able to install and uninstall applications. However, if a user tries to install an application they get:

2012-03-09T13:56:35-05:00 Unable to load `current' install `8QMVct' on behalf of '_domain2'. Access denied: `/var/www/vhosts/bazbot.com/.installatron/current/8QMVct' cannot be accessed by `_domain2': Owner is `bazbot.com`

When they try to uninstall an application they get no feedback whatsoever. However, in the Installatron error logs I see:

[09-Mar-2012 13:54:56] PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function core_file_exists() on a non-object in /usr/local/installatron/lib/gui/stepped.php on line 1981

I am running Plesk Panel 9.2.3 and PHP 5.3.8

It is clearly a permissions thing since when I login to Plesk Panel as admin I can do these functions without issue. But permissions on what?

Phil
Staff

Re: Cannot install or uninstall applications as a user

Postby Phil » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:37 pm

Hello,

This problem should be fixed in 7.0.14. Please try an Installatron Update/Repair:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/installatron/repair -f --release

If any issues persist let us know.

Thanks,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

PeteyNice

Postby PeteyNice » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:09 pm

That did fix that issue, thanks! But now I see another one.

When a user installs an app - no matter what they put for the administrator email, it sends mail to the server admin and not the address they type. In a related note, I don't want the users to see the server admin email address. Is there a way to make that blank by default?

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Hello,

Users shouldn't be seeing the server admin email address. Are you logged in as the user directly (ie., not impersonating) when you see the server admin email?

Installatron Plugin works a little differently than Plesk in that it doesn't inherit any impersonation; when logged in as admin, you always have access to all domains/secondary domains/subdomains/aliases on the server.

Please try updating to the latest "Edge" release to fix the email problems:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/installatron/repair -f --edge

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

PeteyNice

Postby PeteyNice » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:25 am

I tried the upgrade and was told that I was already on the latest Edge version and the email issue persists.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:11 am

Hello,

I'm sorry we still haven't been able to reproduce this.

Please open a ticket and provide login information to an affected account so that we can investigate further. If possible, include SSH root and Plesk admin, as that will speed the resolution of the problem.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”