firewall install breaks installatron

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
bravo6

firewall install breaks installatron

Postby bravo6 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:08 pm

I have had a firewall installed on two cPanel servers ONE with Installatron AND Sofaculus Both worked ok before
Now softaculus (I expected some issues here) works OK but installatron starts to load and then keeps trying like in a loop (both in cPanel and WHM)

The other server has both installatron and Fantastico
Same thing here for installatron, for fantastico, it seems to be ok in WHM but in cPanel it give errors about shell_exec has been disabled for security reasons...
-Is there experience here with this issue?
thanx

(I like Installatron best.....installed the three to get some experience with them....) 8-)

P.S CentOS

Phil
Staff

Re: firewall install breaks installatron

Postby Phil » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:35 am

Hello,

Which release branch (edge, release, etc.) is cPanel on, and what version of cPanel/WHM is installed?

Does executing Installatron Repair help? To execute it:

Code: Select all

/usr/local/installatron/repair -f --release

If that doesn't help, try this:

Code: Select all

touch /var/cpanel/usecpphp

If you'd like us to take a look at the server, open a ticket providing SSH root login details and we'll see what we can find. Nothing on the server will be changed; we'll just use the login to investigate the cause.

Thanks,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

bravo6

Postby bravo6 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Cool,
that got it. I had trouble with it looping earlier with starting to install CSF but a reinstall fixed it.
This time CSF was fully installed and all options set. A reinstall did not work, but the repair thing did.
Fantastico still will not run.....neat.
Apparently changing things sometimes messes it up but the repair sets it right again??

thanx 8-)

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:56 am

Hello,

After server configuration changes it's generally a good idea to run our Repair/update script as it also informs Installatron about the server changes. Most likely this was a one-time problem though, and I wouldn't expect the same problem in the future.

Cheers,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”