Domain Must Resolve to Server to Upgrade... Why?

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
interactiveonline

Domain Must Resolve to Server to Upgrade... Why?

Postby interactiveonline » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 pm

I'm not sure why it is required that a domain points to the server in order to upgrade software packages within Installatron.

For example WordPress and Joomla do not require a domain to point to the server the install is on in order to do a manual upgrade. Upgrading simply involves uploading the patch files via FTP.

Why does Installatron require that a domain point to the server the install is on? It would be nice if Installatron could bypass that check and just upgrade the software.

For example, here is the error message Installatron returns when I try to upgrade an install for a domain that is not pointing to the server:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Error
A test of the selected domain has failed (HTTP error: 0).

Installatron is unable to install on a domain that is not resolving/loading to this web account.

If this is a new web hosting account, or if this is a newly registered domain, please allow up to 24 hours for the domain to begin working (though usually within a few hours).

If you're sure that the domain is correctly loading to your web account, contact your web hosting administrator.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't see why this is a requirement. Upgrades can be easily done to most of the script packages without the domain pointing to the server.

Can you please consider fixing this in future versions of Installatron?

Phil
Staff

Re: Domain Must Resolve to Server to Upgrade... Why?

Postby Phil » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Hello,

This check can be turned off, however in most cases we've found when an install isn't resolving, the install isn't working, and proceeding with an upgrade could make things worse.

To turn off the check:

Code: Select all

echo "domaincheck=no" >> /usr/local/installatron/etc/settings.ini

If there are any questions let us know.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interactiveonline

Postby interactiveonline » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:26 am

Perfect! Thank you!

venyey

Postby venyey » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:04 am

You rock my friend! will help others on and I hope that is fine :D

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:48 am

Hello,

Just as an update for anyone finding this thread:

As of Installatron Plugin 7.0.7, it's no longer a requirement for the domain to resolve to the hosting account for any application install or upgrade. It was a tough decision for us to lift this requirement, but ultimately we feel the benefits gained are worth it.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

isihelpdesk

Postby isihelpdesk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:19 am

I have the latest greatest installed on our Enkompass system and I am seeing the error, I cant seem to get it to install anything:

! A test of the selected domain has failed (HTTP error: 404).

Installatron Plugin is unable to install on a domain that is not resolving/loading to this web account.

If this is a new web hosting account, or if this is a newly registered domain, please allow up to 24 hours for the domain to begin working (though usually within a few hours).

If you're sure that the domain is correctly loading to your web account, contact your web hosting administrator.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:34 am

Hello,

Typically this error means Installatron can't write to the selected install destination. Check other accounts on this system to see the error affects all accounts.

If the error persists, open a ticket and provide Enkompass login information for an account that we can try some test installs on.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

patjec

Postby patjec » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:20 pm

Ticket made and hope for a fast solution.

It's not a .htaccess problem and not a diskspace problem.

Patrick

shoutsr

Postby shoutsr » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:59 am

patjec wrote:Ticket made and hope for a fast solution.

It's not a .htaccess problem and not a diskspace problem.

Patrick

I am having a similar problem as you are. Just wondering if you received an answer from the staff yet. I would be very grateful if you would pm me with the solution for this issue. Thanks!

Josh
Staff

Postby Josh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Hello, shoutsr.

I would be pleased to assist you further with this problem. Please open a ticket with the exact error message, including any technical information included in the error message.

Thank you,
Josh

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”