Plesk + Installatron + osCommerce + Services

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
distortion

Plesk + Installatron + osCommerce + Services

Post by distortion » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Hello,

I'm currently looking for a solution for my business which requires automation of software/service installs (IP Based) on Linux.
Is what I want to be able to do is, when a user makes a purchase on the website using OS Commerce, Installatron will setup the provided service/application and add the user to Plesk using a custom template. But also from inside of OS Commerce, I want to allow the user to buy more applications and send this to Installatron to add the additional service/application to there account.

Please note, I do not require the use of Plesk. Only reason using Plesk, is because it can rotate the IP's on per user bases.

If anyone knows a better way to accomplish what I'm trying to I would be very very grateful.

Thank you in advance.

Phil
Staff

Re: Plesk + Installatron + osCommerce + Services

Post by Phil » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:43 am

Hello,

Installatron at this time is only able to install through its GUI. The best solution we can provide is the ability to use the Installatron UI to complete installations for each new account. It would be possible to write a custom "Access Control List" (ACL) for each purchase to limit these accounts to specific applications. If this sounds appealing, we can provide an example of how to create a custom ACL.

The ability to install through an API or CLI is a feature that has been requested before and is something we're looking to incorporate into a future version of Installatron.

If there are any further questions let us know.

Thanks,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder