Migration to different server?

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
artichoke

Migration to different server?

Postby artichoke » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 am

Is there an official or recommended procedure for migrating applications installed via Installatron in a DirectAdmin environment on server A to an account on server B, keeping the underlying OS the same or similar?

I see that Installatron has a built-in backup and restore procedure, but no menu item to download a backup for restore elsewhere. And in fact each application seems to be backed up into multiple files, not into a single archive, so it's not even clear what ought to be downloaded.

Phil
Staff

Re: Migration to different server?

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:05 pm

Hello,

Is the aim to move an entire account to a different server? Assuming so, all Installatron data is stored inside each user home directory, so everything is transferred by the control panel's own transfer system.

The recommend produce is outlined in the FAQ here:

http://installatron.com/faq#transfer

If there are any questions let us know.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Hi, thanks very much for the response. Just to clarify, can the end-user follow the backup/restore procedure to migrate his own account to a different server, without requiring admin or reseller assistance?

Taking a look at that FAQ entry (which I admit I missed when searching for the answer), it seems to be addressed to an Intallatron administrator, hence my confusion.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:53 pm

Hello,

Yes, users can migrate Installatron data to a new server without assistance. All Installatron data is stored in a ".installatron" directory located at the user's account root. The user can simply copy the entire ".installatron" directory to the new server.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Terrific! Thanks very much. You guys are the best.

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”