Oscommerce actual Build version

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
cyberneticos

Oscommerce actual Build version

Postby cyberneticos » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:28 am

Hello,

I cannot find anywhere the build number for Oscommerce's Installation. I know it's MS 2 but there is also a build number like 06541 , 55013 or similar, which is normally found in a text file if you download it directly from oscommerce.com This information is important since there are contributions that require a certain build , or that don't work for certain build.

Where can we find this info, or can you also include this info in the info page for itron oscommerce ?

THanks

Rowan
Staff

Re: Oscommerce actual Build version

Postby Rowan » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:24 pm

Hi,

The version currently installed by Installatron is osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 060817. Installatron lists it as 2.2-MS2d, where the d is our code for "forth update", meaning 060817.

There was a new version released last week, but it's "RC1" and we have a policy of not installing release candidates so we'll probably wait for a Final. Actually, I thought MS2 was part of 2.2 final, so they must have a strange release system going on there. It means osCommerce hasn't been "final" since at least 2003?

Anyway, we'll include the "update" number in all future releases, and the current one is 060817.

Rowan.

Return to “Administrative Technical Discussion and Troubleshooting”