Automate the reminders for updating of packages

For urgent and private issues, open a support ticket instead of posting: https://secure.installatron.com/tickets
jimmy_blacknight

Automate the reminders for updating of packages

Post by jimmy_blacknight » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:15 am

Hi Guys

Is it possible to script up an auto reminder to be sent to the installer when an application package has been updated?

This would be handy, that way we can always be certain that our users are always aware there are updates available without actually going into the Installatron area.

Also, have you guys a public list of applications to have approved to be included in the future, applications you are currently reviewing, and applications you have declined to include (with a reason why if possible, just so we can pass it on if requested)

Rowan
Staff

Re: Automate the reminders for updating of packages

Post by Rowan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:34 am

Re notifications:

What you describe there sounds like the "Upgrade Email Notification" settings in administration? If you check the 'user' box, users will receive an email when a new version of a script they have installed becomes available.

If you mean something else let me know.

Re script list:

I do keep a list of scripts that have been recommended, but there are more than 200 scripts on it now and it stopped being useful years ago.

We'll be adding Moodle and a ticket system once we finish Installatron5 (beta soon). New additions are usually pretty spontaneous though.

Rowan.

jimmy_blacknight

Post by jimmy_blacknight » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:43 am

Hi Rowan

If you mean something else let me know.

Nope, that is exactly what i was after! :)

Tell me though, if installtron is updated are those settings overwritten?

As regards the list, that is fine!

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:46 am

An update doesn't overwrite the Installatron settings.

Row.