Updates false positives

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
interfaSys

Updates false positives

Post by interfaSys » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:01 am

As an admin, when I look at the list of apps, I see the red update icon next to a couple of WP apps, but when I click on it, I get this error message on the update page:
"! The web application selected is already running the latest version."
When I simply return to the list, without updating, then the update icon is gone.

This only started to happen from 9.0.7 and only with some WP apps.
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

Phil
Staff

Re: Updates false positives

Post by Phil » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello,

There are likely plugin and/or theme updates available for these apps. Does clicking the update icon display any available plugin or theme updates?

Plugin/theme updates can be turned off at Installatron Admin > Features if they're not desired.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Post by interfaSys » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:38 pm

I don't think it's related to plugins or themes since none show up on the update page. I only get the error message.

And the update button disappears all by itself without performing any updates.

#1 As an admin, go to the list of apps
#2 For one of the WP app shown as having an update and known for false positives, click on its settings button
#3 Go back to the list

The update button is now gone.
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

pbt

Post by pbt » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:18 am

My customers have finally noticed this and are asking about it, and I'm wondering if they're updating themes or plugins outside of installatron, and installatron only recognizes that when they visit the application? Most of the applications were installed before installatron had the option to work with theme or plugin updates, so not sure how that might affect the false-positive issue either.

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:24 am

Hello,

Plugins and themes updated outside of Installatron should automatically be recognized within Installatron. So for example, if all plugins and themes are updated through the WordPress UI, the "upgrade" button should automatically go away (assuming the app version is also uptodate).

We'll run through the test cases for plugin/themes updates to ensure it's working as expected. I'll have another update on this by Wednesday.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

pbt

Post by pbt » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Have there been any updates to this issue? It still seems that entering an application in installatron and then backing out is necessary to update/correct the status of the "update" icon. Thanks.

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Hello,

Over the Installatron Plugin 9.1.x versions we have improved the plugin/theme system to better handle failed upgrades and also changes were made to limit upgrade attempts. What's the version of Installatron Plugin on this server?

To troubleshoot this further, can you open a ticket and provide control panel access for an administrative or affected website owner account? Please use the below link to open a ticket.

https://secure.installatron.com/tickets

Kind regards,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

pbt

Post by pbt » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:47 pm

It's somewhat difficult to identify the problem ahead of time. We occasionally find this when there is, for example, a security update is released for an installatron app, and we glance through all the users apps displayed in installatron for that app. We'll find the app with the red arrow showing an update required, select it, and find that both the app version and the plugins/themes don't seem to have any updates available. We make no changes, but when we back out to the main app list, the red icon is gone. Of course some installations we look at are actually out-of-date in one respect or another, so we either update those ourselves, or contact the customer. And certainly most apps that are up-to-date show as up-to-date; no red update icon.

We should be set for auto-update, so we have for example 9.1.3.

Phil
Staff

Post by Phil » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:45 am

Hello,

We've identified a case where the update notification for plugins and themes may not disengage after a successful update. This issue seems to only occur under specific server configurations as none of our testbed servers are affected. For clarification, what's the OS, control panel, and PHP version installed on this server? Also, is SuPHP enabled?

Kind regards,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

pbt

Post by pbt » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:32 pm

I believe it happens on our rhel and centos6 servers, both with suphp and whm 11.44.0 with php 5.4.30.