Roundcube installer / upgrades

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
jas8522

Roundcube installer / upgrades

Postby jas8522 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:03 am

I could have sworn I saw Roundcube as an install option within Installatron in the past, but I went to import a Roundcube install and couldn't find it!

If it was there before, why was it pulled? If not, can it be added?

Thanks!

Phil
Staff

Re: Roundcube installer / upgrades

Postby Phil » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Hey,

We've stayed away from apps like Roundecube and phpMyAdmin as they're typically included through the control panel software directly. However, as we move forward are we re-condisidering the inclusion of a couple of these type of apps and Roundcube is one on the list.

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Postby interfaSys » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Speaking of which. Could Installatron manage server level apps? Those installed in /var/www
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Hello,

Theoretically Installatron Plugin could manage server-level apps (our Installatron Server already does this to an extent), but in most cases the server control panel software is already managing server-level apps so I feel the benefit of this would be somewhat lost. Perhaps I don't fully understand what you meant?

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Postby interfaSys » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:06 pm

You got what I meant, but a CP like Directadmin offers a limited number of apps and not necessarily the best ones.

Let's say a hosting company wanted to offer awesome webmail, stats and cloud apps on each server. They wouldn't get that through the standard custombuild script. They could install and manage apps manually or install the apps in a user account, which isn't very convenient.
Installatron could come to the rescue.
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

jas8522

Postby jas8522 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:50 pm

It would be great to see Roundcube in Installatron as we're finding a number of customers that want their own dedicated (custom configured) roundcube install that's separate from the one set up by Plesk. Keeping them updated is becoming steadily more difficult as we add more to our list!

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”