suggestion for new script to be added : OPENPUBLISH

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
lightningbit

suggestion for new script to be added : OPENPUBLISH

Postby lightningbit » Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 am

Hi,

this could be a very nice addition to installatron:

it is based on Drupal, so I assume it would not be too complex to add?

What is OpenPublish?

OpenPublish is a flexible and powerful solution designed for the online news industry. It is built for flexibility, customization, and extension -- a powerful CMS to help publishers focus on the thing that matters the most: their content.

Modern newsrooms require powerful and flexible online tools that handle content flow, deliver design appropriate for publishing to multiple devices, and provide interfaces that make the platform easy for site administrators to use on a daily basis.

OpenPublish addresses each step of content flow through a typical online news site, from content curation to content promotion and analysis.

Some of the most influential publishing companies in the world, including Associated Press, Thomson Reuters, The Washington Examiner and The New Republic use OpenPublish. With tools like a responsive design base theme, flexible content types, and contextual layout tools, OpenPublish is the right choice for newsrooms seeking power and flexibility in one system.

more info : http://openpublishapp.com

L.

P.S. I'm not in any way affiliated with Openpublishapp.
This is just a suggestion as it seems to be a valuable application

Phil
Staff

Re: suggestion for new script to be added : OPENPUBLISH

Postby Phil » Tue May 14, 2013 1:59 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion. The next couple app additions are already set, but we'll take a look at OpenPublish for possible inclusion thereafter. I briefly looked at their website and am only seeing a beta version available (released last year), is that the current version you're seeing as well?

Thanks,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

lightningbit

Postby lightningbit » Tue May 14, 2013 3:10 pm

Hi,

the most recent version for now is indeed from last year, october
http://drupal.org/project/openpublish
I've digged a bit in the development statistics, it still seems fairly active (compared to other open source projects)

but as we all know, things can change and die

let's shelve it until the summer, if there have not been any more releases after 9 months, development probably has stalled, and then it's not worth to include it any more, and you better continue focus on other valuable projects

thanks for looking anyway

L.

interfaSys

Postby interfaSys » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:43 am

I think this raises an interesting topic regarding Drupal distributions.
Instead of creating separate installers, wouldn't it be possible for Installatron to install any Drupal "distro"?

Installatron could list all the projects from https://drupal.org/project/project_distribution which are compatible with the branches it supports
OR/AND
Let us define a couple of distros we'd like to offer, by filling a few fields with things like the project page
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:13 pm

Hello,

We've been working to integrate app plugin/theme support for some time now. With 9.0, it's possible to update WordPress plugins and themes, and we'll continue to expand this functionality as possible.

These distribution are a little more substantial than typical plugins/themes. This suggests they deserve a dedicated entry on the app list. We're exploring the best option to handle this for a future version of Installatron.

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

interfaSys

Postby interfaSys » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:33 am

You may find the scripts used by simplytest.me useful
https://www.drupal.org/project/simplytest

It's an excellent way to test Drupal distributions.
Olivier
interfaSys
Web, mobile, hosting product and service development experts

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”