Cloning apps to new cpanel

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
DaveOzric

Cloning apps to new cpanel

Postby DaveOzric » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 pm

Hello, I am moving my Joomla sites from one cpanel to a new ones. I love, love, love this clone feature. It's making this too easy. Anyway, I just moved my first one and everything looks good.

The only thing I noticed is the temp and log folders are still the old cpanel path. I don't mind changing these but maybe a possibility to do that automatically. If not no biggie but it should be noted that any path would have to be updated.

Thanks!

DaveOzric

Re: Cloning apps to new cpanel

Postby DaveOzric » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:03 pm

Another thing I noticed is the database is still the same in the config file but a new one was created with a different name and prefix, etc.

DaveOzric

Postby DaveOzric » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:10 am

Maybe I should of posted this in a different part of the forum.

I cloned another site but different steps this time and only the public $root_user & public $smtpuser were from not updated.

I am going to try another site and check what happens.

Josh
Staff

Postby Josh » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:16 am

Greetings,

We generally recommend opening a ticket for support related issues as the forum doesn't have as fast of a response time.

Can you open a ticket and provide a copy of the Joomla configuration.php file for both the source and destination (cloned) install? From that we can likely figure out what's preventing the values from being updated.

Best regards,
Josh

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”