Dada Mail

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
DaveOzric

Dada Mail

Postby DaveOzric » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Any chance this could be on the radar for inclusion? I read it's in simplescripts portfolio.

Just wondering because it's the only free mail discussion list I could find. Actually it's the only alternative to Listserv I could find. Plus it's supported in Cpanel already.

One of my customers wants a listserv type setup where you email the list and it send to everyone.

Thanks

Phil
Staff

Re: Dada Mail

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:09 pm

Hello,

Dada Mail is on our radar. In our research it's currently the best in its class. The only drawback for us is that it's a Perl app and may of our partners don't offer any Perl apps, so Dada Mail will get less exposure than a similar PHP app. Unfortunately, there's no PHP app we can find that is as well maintained and actively developed, so we're seriously evaluating Dada Mail for inclusion.

Another option we're considering is poMMo, which is a PHP app so it has that benefit for us. However, it hasn't been updated since 2008 (unacceptable) so we can't really add it unless there's an active fork we aren't currently aware of. However, I'm curious if you have you evaluated poMMo at all?

Thank you,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

DaveOzric

Postby DaveOzric » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:59 pm

Sorry I never heard of it. It was slim pickins for mail apps with discussion features. Maybe that's why.

Good to hear about the Dada though. I will probably end up installing it manually so I can try it.

Thanks for the response,
Dave

DaveOzric

Postby DaveOzric » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks!!

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:59 am

Hello,

No problem! Dada seems to be the only free and open source mailing list app out there right now that's actively developed.

Cheers,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”