Type of licensing required ?

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
kjellis

Type of licensing required ?

Post by kjellis » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Hello

I tried to send an email to sales@installatron.com, but apparently it is unmonitored. I have seen a few other posts complaining of the same problem, so it looks like this is the best method of communication.

I have a few virtual hosting accounts with have installatron included in the package (licensed by the hosting provider). I have recently migrated an account from virtual hosting to virtual private servers, which does not include installatron. I would like to licensing installatron on this virutal private server, but I am confused as to the licensing I need.

I ran the wget and installed installatron. This is a virtual server, so I assume that that is the license that I need. However, upon installation, installatron reports that I will need a dedicated server license.

So which on is it?

Thanks.
Kaleb

Phil
Staff

Re: Type of licensing required ?

Post by Phil » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:44 am

Hello,

Opening a ticket is the best way to contact us. Sometimes email sent to sales@installatron.com does get flagged as spam (we use Google Apps). We usually do check the spam folder for keywords but hadn't noticed much of a problem recently. This forum is considered user-to-user support, it's not monitored as closely as our ticket system or email. I apologize for the inconvenience.

To answer your question, a VPS license will work fine as long as less than 100 domains on the server are using Installatron. This is the case for the vast majority of VPS. If you try a VPS license and it does not work, we can upgrade the license to a Dedicated license simply by billing the difference in costs.

Let us know if there are any questions.

Thanks,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder