Typo3

Postby tom » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:57 am

when typo3 comes back?

Tom

Rowan
Staff

Re: Typo3

Postby Rowan » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:03 am

We're working on the next major version of Installatron at this time, but after that we can have another look at TYPO3 and see if support for auto-installers has been added. The current 4.1x version doesn't support auto installing or upgrading.

Rowan.

ostendo

Postby ostendo » Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:53 am

Hi,

I wonder what the current status of TYPO3 is for Installatron.. Can someone give me an update on that?

Thanks!
"I think there is a world market for maybe 5 computers" -- Thomas Watson, IBM chairman, 1943

Rowan
Staff

Postby Rowan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:21 pm

Hello,

TYPO3 is not really on our 'look at' list any longer. When we contacted the TYPO3 developers last year it was clear that some of the developers weren't happy with the idea of Installatron installing their script.

We only install scripts with the blessing of the developers so this means we won't be re-adding TYPO3 any time soon, and also means that it's unlikely that they'll consider making the changes that we were hoping to see (that would make it more auto-install and auto-upgrade friendly).

If you're keen, you can try your hand at creating your own personal TYPO3 installer:

http://www.installatron.com/editor

The editor is still a work-in-progress tool, but it should be pretty much ready to create personal installers.

Rowan.

cyon

Postby cyon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:42 am

Hey guys

I realize that this thread is very old. But since TYPO3 is now again available through Installatron I'm wondering why it's back (of course the demand was high all the time)? Are the developers now cool with TYPO3 being available in Installatron?

I'm planning on writing a blog post about this topic and it would be awesome to get some insight on this.

Thanks a lot,
Philipp

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:40 am

Hello,

Yes, TYPO3 has been one of the most requested apps since we discontinued it back in 2007. While it's a complicated app for beginners, it's highly flexible and a useful option within Installatron.

The licensing requirements of TYPO3's introduction package were the main issue preventing its reintroduction (requires non-commerical use only). Our TYPO3 package avoids this by defaulting to the GPL-licensed "empty website" package.

Thank you,
Phil
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”