Joomla 1.5

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
mdi

Re: Joomla 1.5

Post by mdi » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:56 pm

If there is any way to migrate that would be most appreciated. I'm speaking from the standpont of a Joomla Designer / Host who has about 40 customers on Joomla 1.0.x. - The migrator may not save a whole lot of time per use but it would save folks like me who host a lot of Joomla sites a good 10-20 minutes per install. Multiply that by 40 and you see the agony.

Given the enormous popularity of Joomla and the lack of a direct upgrade path this bridge could be a great addition to installatron. I know if it was offered and I didn't already have installatron I'd look to buy it just to get the feature!

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:18 am

Unfortunately we can't write our own converter for something as complex as Joomla. We're limited by what Joomla makes available.

I had decided to not support migrator in the installer, but your post changed my mind so I ended up making two install systems: a regular install that bypasses Joomla's install script, and one that uses Joomla's install script (with everything pre-filled) so that there is access to the migrator option.

That covers the import side of migrator, but the user will still have to add the migrator component on their 1.0 install to export a migrator file if they want to use the import option. Export is not something our 1.5 installer can help with. Though the editor could be used to make something that adds the migrator component to a 1.0 install, if someone was keen.

So, ftp things tomorrow and then I can release it. We won't be creating ftp accounts in the installer (unless you don't mind waiting until March'ish) so it'll be a set of fields for the user to fill in.

I actually like the idea of using ftp to get around the CHMOD problems of the past, and I can see other projects taking the same path, but this is going to end up one scary looking installer. ;)

Rowan.

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:26 am

The new Joomla installer has been released. An Installatron update of some flavor will grab it for your server.

Rowan.

morfargekko

Post by morfargekko » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:15 am

Hello, now there is a Joomla 1.5.1 security release ! Could this be done right away, please?

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:29 pm

Joomla 1.5.1 installer is up.

Rowan.

blacknight

Post by blacknight » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:17 am

Um... Joomla isn't showing for our users, it is for Admins though.

Updated all the machines this morning. Also on a side note, a user with 1.0 installed when he goes to view his installed scripts it shows nothing.

yet in .installatron/ in his home dir in current it's there...

Any thoughts?

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:59 am

Do you have any requirements set in Administration > Settings > Requirements? That could filter out Joomla if the requirements are not met.

The requirements are checked against the latest version though, which doesn't sound like it's going to work if users already have older installs. We'll have a look at that.

In the meantime, turn off any requirements you have set.

Rowan.

blacknight

Post by blacknight » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:58 am

Wouldn't you know it was something silly like that :-)