http://www.cctestweb.com/joomla15/

You (and others) can log in on
U: suma
P: suma

Rowan
Staff

Re: Joomla 1.5

Post by Rowan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:35 am

From those links it actually just looks like a new theme. Perhaps they wanted to get away from the old Mambo base code.

david-andrew

Post by david-andrew » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:15 am

Correct, it is the code that has had the greatest changes, they tried to keep the theme the same. But if you look closely some small changes are made.

Personally I love the new version.

btw do you have an idea on when Installatron 5 will be stable?

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:05 pm

btw do you have an idea on when Installatron 5 will be stable?

Not really. Because every time I've answered that question I've been wrong. The first time I answered that I said mid June (2007).

Right now I think the answer might be: later today, or sometime tomorrow.

david-andrew

Post by david-andrew » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:21 pm

Haha, in that case I stop replying and just let you do your work.

Great product BTW!

Regards
David

superg

Post by superg » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:48 pm

I'm glad to hear that you'll be maintaining both Joomla 1.0.x and Joomla 1.5. Joomla is currently supporting both versions and in fact is wrapping up the update to 1.0.14. Some major plugins are not compatible yet with 1.5 as well.

Info on moving from 1.0.x to 1.5: http://www.joomla.org/component/option,com_jd-wp/Itemid,105/p,473/

Making sample data optional would be amazing as well.

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:25 am

Any of you guys know what this var needs to be:

Code: Select all

var $log_path = '/var/logs'; //The absolute path to your Web server log directory.

It's not really asking for the server logs directory is it?

And are there no CHMOD requirements for 1.5? For 1.0 there were all these:

$this->chmod(array('cache','images','media','uploadfiles','components','language','modules','templates'),0707,null,true);
$this->chmod(array('administrator/backups','administrator/components','administrator/modules','administrator/templates'),0707,null,true);
$this->chmod(array('mambots','mambots/content','mambots/editors','mambots/editors-xtd','mambots/search'),0707,null,true);

But no mention of CHMOD needs in the docs this new version.

Rowan.

david-andrew

Post by david-andrew » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:48 am

Sumaleth wrote:Any of you guys know what this var needs to be:

var $log_path = '/var/logs'; //The absolute path to your Web server log directory.

It's not really asking for the server logs directory is it?

Im not shure about this. On my installations it asks for the logs of the user like this:

var $log_path = '/home/joop/domains/dejoomlaopleiding.nl/public_html/c/cursist1/logs';

And are there no CHMOD requirements for 1.5? For 1.0 there were all these:

$this->chmod(array('cache','images','media','uploadfiles','components','language','modules','templates'),0707,null,true);
$this->chmod(array('administrator/backups','administrator/components','administrator/modules','administrator/templates'),0707,null,true);
$this->chmod(array('mambots','mambots/content','mambots/editors','mambots/editors-xtd','mambots/search'),0707,null,true);

But no mention of CHMOD needs in the docs this new version.

Correct, there is now a FTP layer, so this is no longer needed. A user now has to make an FTP account for Joomla so all files are handles trew FTP. Do you understand? You will need to ad a "iclude FTP info" of "make FTP user" section tot the script.

Rowan
Staff

Post by Rowan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:28 am

david-andrew wrote:Correct, there is now a FTP layer, so this is no longer needed. A user now has to make an FTP account for Joomla so all files are handles trew FTP. Do you understand? You will need to and a "include FTP info" of "make FTP user" section tot the script.

That might be something best left for the user to configure after installing Joomla. The average user isn't going to know what FTP is at the time of install, and won't have anything prepared.

Well, it might be possible to have Installatron create an ftp account. Depends how good the control panel APIs are. I'll look into that.

--

The 1.0>1.5 migration process doesn't look automatable.

I think we'll be creating Joomla 1.5 as a new installer, so old 1.0 installs are still around if the user wants to install the migrator component and play around with extraction.

I'll have another look at the possibility of offering the migrator-import options during 1.5 install tomorrow. The difficulty is that the i5 installer bypasses Joomla's install script, yet the migrator-import tool is integrated into the install script that we're not using. Would have been nice to see import as a separate script.

There are a couple of ideas I can try. Probably 50:50 at the moment.

Rowan.

david-andrew

Post by david-andrew » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:33 am

Hi Rowan

Good to see you working on it!

The FTP is really needed as it takes a way all the CHMOD problems and Joomla really depends on it. If the DirectAdmin API would support making a new FTP account (or using an existing one!) then that would be great. Its almost like the mysql database.

Come to think of it, every DirectAdmin user automatically gets an FTP account wich is directadmin username and directadmin password. You can use those?

---

Really dont waste too much time on the migrator. It only works for Joomla content, not other stuff and I dont think allot of people will really use it. Does anyone out there disagree?

--

Success either way!

Regards
David