"Feature Suggestions" section for this forum

For Installatron Sales: sales@installatron.com
donnacha

"Feature Suggestions" section for this forum

Postby donnacha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Firstly, thank you so much for answering my many, many questions; Installatron is such a wonderful product but complex and, clearly, I have a lot to learn if I want to use it to it's full potential. Hopefully, other users who encounter the same problems will find my questions and your answers here, so, I hope you see it as time well invested.

My experimentation with Installatron is also generating a lot of ideas about how Installatron could be even better. At the moment, all posts for this forum appear in just one section but it would be good if there was a separate Feature Suggestions section. This would encourage users to give you specific feedback on how they are using your product, in the form of feature and tweaks they would like to see added. Obviously, these suggestions would be non-urgent, simply put out there as food-for-thought.

It would also encourage users to make positive suggestions rather than complaints.

Myself, I have quite a few suggestions, mostly revolving around WHM/WordPress/Fantastico, but as I already seem to have been dominating the forum over the past few days, it would be better to post these in a separate section and not crowd out people with actual problems.

Again, thanks for your excellent work on Installatron, I absolutely love it.

Rowan
Staff

Re: "Feature Suggestions" section for this forum

Postby Rowan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:33 pm

Almost all support goes through our tickets system so this forum isn't being overworked at the moment. Installer stuff is probably ideally suited to it. So feel free to post any questions you have.

Our long term plans include an overhaul of the installer system, and that will likely go with changes to the way the forum works. Early days yet.

(there will be an installer converter, so nothing done now will go to waste)

Rowan.

donnacha

Postby donnacha » Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Yeah, I noticed that you guys will often direct queries towards the ticket system, which I understand when it comes to billing and account-specific issues but, for most other issues, it seems a waste to take a discussion private. So far, I've picked up a lot of useful stuff from the forum, in particular useful bits of code for my customization of your WordPress installer. The fact that I and, doubtless, hundreds of users could benefit from answers you gave once, months ago, that pretty much sums up the usefulness of forums over private support tickets.

The other major plus is that Google loves feasting upon discussions and, in time, you'll have hordes of WordPress users who would otherwise never have heard of Installatron, washing up here and discovering a product that will make their lives much easier.

Fantastico was born in another age but Installatron is young enough to know that the power of a complex tool is multiplied by a gathering an active community around it, and your forum is the easiest way to build that, all you need to do is space it out a little into logical sections such as Feature Suggestions and Shared Customizations, you'll soon find it gaining its own momentum.

host1plus

Postby host1plus » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:37 am

Yes i agree with that, because it looks strange when your are coming to forum and see only one thread (category)...
>> Host1Plus.comProfessional Multi-Location Hosting Service
>> Unlimited Hosting for low price!
>> US, UK, the Netherlands, Germany, Lithuania and Singapore
>> (One Control Panel: One Price: One Uptime!)

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:52 am

Echoing a previous poster's suggestion, it will be very helpful if we can see the more common problems and solutions discussed in the forum rather than going into private tickets.

Phil
Staff

Postby Phil » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 pm

Hello,

We try to address all common questions and problems in the Installatron FAQ, Troubleshooting and/or Documentation:

FAQ: http://installatron.com/faq
Troubleshooting: http://installatron.com/troubleshooting
Documentation: http://installatron.com/documentation

Nonetheless, we do plan to expand these forums to cover more topics in the near future.

Cheers,
Phil.
Phillip Stier
Installatron Co-Founder

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”