Questions about cPanel and Installatron.

These APIs are available for Installatron Plugin:
Installatron Plugin Automation API and CLI
Installatron Plugin Licensing API
Installatron Plugin Control Panel Integration API
Spork Schivago

Questions about cPanel and Installatron.

Postby Spork Schivago » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:02 pm

Hello folks,

I currently have a Virtual Private Server through GoDaddy. It comes with cPanel / WHM and I noticed an Installatron plugin near the bottom. I don't use it and I properly won't but I don't want it uninstalled in case I decide later I'd like to use it to install some software.

As far as I can tell, no packages have been installed through Installatron. I've gotten 2 or 3 e-mails from Installatron in the past couple days though and I'm a bit confused. Here's the latest one:

Code: Select all

UPDATED APPS

concrete 5.7.5.6
fengoffice 3.4.0.17

Does this e-mail just mean that Installatron updated the version of Concrete and Feng Office's download link to download and install those new versions, _if_ I decided to install them? Or does it mean that someone has actually installed both of those packages and that they've been updated on my system? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ken

Ajit

Re: Questions about cPanel and Installatron.

Postby Ajit » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:17 am

Are you running concrete and fengoffice on your system?
If not, then you haven't need to upgrade it.
You can also discuss this issue with your web host.

Spork Schivago

Postby Spork Schivago » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Thank you for the response. No, I don't run any of that stuff. I don't even use Installatron. It just came bundled with the cPanel stuff when I signed up to get the server. I believe these updates are just automatic updates in case I want to install them. Every so many days, I get an e-mail similar to that one, just with different software listed. The last one I got said:

UPDATED APPS

omeka 2.4

So I think it just means if I were to install Omeka through Installatron, I would install version 2.4.

ZappHost

Postby ZappHost » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:55 am

That's correct. It's just Installatron letting the admin know that updates for applications which can be installed, are available. It's not a notification for installed applications with available updates.

Spork Schivago

Postby Spork Schivago » Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:53 pm

ZappHost wrote:That's correct. It's just Installatron letting the admin know that updates for applications which can be installed, are available. It's not a notification for installed applications with available updates.

Thank you! I figured that was what was happening, I just needed confirmation! I always worry about hackers getting in and hijacking my server. Thanks!!!

Return to “Installatron Plugin”